Assignment Problem Aim Statement and Project Objectives
For this assignment, you will use the “Worksheet for Developing Your Quality Improvement Project” (PDF)- ATTACHED) to help you develop the problem, aim statement, and project objectives for your quality improvement project. Use the assignment’s guidelines as listed below to complete this assignment. Assignment Problem Aim Statement and Project Objectives
Use this TOPIC from a previous assignment: Measuring the Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic among Health Care Workers
Students will create sections on:
- Problem Statement
- Define the nature and significance of the local problem, and the focus of your proposed QI project.
- Describe the local context:
- type and size of organization
- details about the staff members
- brief description of patient population.
- Aim Statement
- Time-specific and measurable; it should also define the specific population that will be affected (ihi.org, 2017).
- Use the S.M.A.R.T. criteria:
- Project Objectives
(what do you expect your project to accomplish)
- Use the S.M.A.R.T. criteria to write each objective.
- John Hopkins Medical. (n.d.) Worksheet for Developing Your Quality Improvement Project. John Hopkins Medical School.
Week 3: Required Readings
- Nash, D.B., Joshi, M.S., Ransom, E.R., & Ransom, S.B. (Eds.) (2019). The healthcare quality book: Vision, strategies, and tools (4th ed.). Health Administration Press.
- Nash, Joshi, Ransom, & Ransom: Chapters 4, 9, & 12.
- ASQ. (2021). Quality assurance and quality control. ASQ Quality Press.
- IHI. (2021). Measures. IHI Open School.
- IHI. (2021). Science of Improvement: Establishing Measures. IHI Open School.
- Nelson, E.C., Mohr, J.J., Batalden, P.B., & Plume, S.K. (1996). Improving health care, part 1: The clinical value compass (PDF). Joint Commission Journal on Quality Improvement, 22(4), 243-258. Assignment Problem Aim Statement and Project Objectives
Writing Guide for the entire MSN program:
- APA. (2019). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.). American Psychological Association.
Content in weeks Lesson
- IHI. (n.d.). Science of Improvement: Establishing Measures. IHI Open School. (Video)
- N.A. (n.d.). Worksheet for Developing your Quality Improvement Project. Johns Hopkins Medicine. Assignment Problem Aim Statement and Project Objectives