directions for Biochemistry Review Paper
Create a review paper in the style of Annual Reviews in Biochemistry covering one biochemical or intercellular signaling pathway in a cell or cells. This paper should be at least 10 pages in length (using the attached Instructions to Authors) excluding references. Information covered should include:
1. Step-by-step illustration of the biochemical or intercellular signaling pathway (CLO 1, 2).
2. Discussion of the general flows of the pathway (flow of information, flow of mass, flow of energy) and the logic underlying the pathway (why does this arrangement work well?) (CLO 1,2, 3).
3. Indication of key regulatory steps in the pathway and explanation of why this is a logical regulatory step (CLO 1, 2, 4).
4. Indication of how this pathway relates to the central metabolic pathway (glycolysis, TCA cycle, electron transport chain, oxidative phosphorylation) (CLO 2). (Remember that some pathways may not – if that is the case just state this in your paper.) Biology homework help
ORDER A PLAGIARISM FREE PAPER NOW
5. Discuss the commonalities and differences exhibited in this pathway in prokaryotes and eukaryotes (CLO 4).
6. What diseases or disease states are associated with defects in this pathway? If there is no literature, predict what would happen (indicate your rationale) (CLO 1, 2, 4).This is where you will begin to discuss the disease associated with your pathway (diabetes, PDH deficiency, Von Gierke Disease, Sickle cell, Jaundice, etc….)
7. Discuss how the disease states in 6 are differentially expressed in human populations (is there a difference in disease effect or prevalence based on age, sex, geographic location, environmental factors, ancestral origin, race…etc). What are the bases of these differences? If there appears to be no difference in disease effect or prevalence, discuss why. (Example – this is known to be true for sickle cell)
8. Discuss methods used to combat the disease or approaches that are planned. How do/will these work?
10 pages – double spaced – Times New Roman Font with one inch margins
Cover page, inserted figures, and bibliography do not count towards your final 10 pages of text.
Look at the review article example. Review articles are subdivided into sections. Your text should have organized sections like: steps of the pathway, regulation of the pathway and so on. All of these should be labelled as subheadings in your review. The review paper example (as do many scientific journal publications) uses a two column format. You do not need to try to format your paper this way, one column formatting is fine. Biology homework help