DESCRIPTION OF ASSIGNMENT
(As it would appear in your syllabus or class handouts)
PART A. Students will attend a concert and write a two-page, typed review of this performance attended. The concert must be of the ‘classical’ genre. The concert may be performances at College of the Mainland, or it may be of an off-campus concert: Shepherd School of Music (Rice University), Moores School of Music (University of Houston), Houston Symphony, Da Camera, Society for the Performing Arts, Houston Ballet, Houston Grand Opera, Theatre Under the Stars, etc. Nursing homework help
ORDER A PLAGIARISM FREE PAPER NOW
– The review will include opinions supported by emotional, symbolic (mimetic), and formal (structural) responses.
- Use terminology learned in the course in regard to melody, harmony, rhythm/meter, texture, instrumentation, genre, text setting, etc.
- Identify key performers, conductor (if applicable), composers, etc.
- Identify works by title, individual movements (if applicable), year of composition
- Discuss the atmosphere of the venue, the audience, the performers, etc.
- Discuss one of the following relating to Social Responsibility:
- 1) How did the composition(s)/songs(s) impact society, culture, politics, or the environment on its premier/release?
- 2) What political, social, cultural, or environmental factors influenced the composer/songwriter when writing the work?
- 3) What influence on society, culture, politics, or the environment does the composition/song have on society today?
- 4) Did anything in the concert change your own opinion/attitude, for good or bad, on how you view the style of music and/or your own political, social, cultural or environmental awareness
- Include a copy of the program from the concert attended.
This two-page review should be typed with proper formatting as befits a college paper.
(DUE TO ACCOMODATIONS FOR THE STAY HOME ORDERS YOU MAY USE A RECORDED CONCERT. YOUTUBE IS ACCEPTABLE. THE CONCERT MUST BE CLASSICAL IN NATURE AND BE AT LEAST 60 MINUTES LONG. IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOUR CHOSEN VIDEO IS ACCEPTABLE PLEASE EMAIL THE LINK AND I WILL APROVE IT.) Nursing homework help